Changing Your Relationship With Money
- Drew Logan and
cialis coupon lilly, generic cialis cheapest, cialis tadalafil 20mg reviews, cialis 10 mg daily use Vivien Schapera
A special report from the teachers of The Lose Weight, Gain Money Program
Are you one of the lucky people who are comfortable with money, or -- like almost everyone else with this taboo subject -- are you uncomfortable and anxious? Read on to discover how you can change your relationship with money.
First, some good news:
• It is highly unlikely that your situation is as bad as you think. Everyone who has consulted with us has found their reality to be much better than their fears have led them to believe.
• You didn’t get where you are by yourself. You have been programmed by family patterns and social influences. In this age of “taking responsibility” it is important not to blame yourself for patterns that began before you were in charge of your life.
• You can change and you are in charge of your future. Once you have identified how you have been programmed, you can learn new ways of relating to money and make responsible choices for the future.
Money is an Emotional Issue
We project a host of negative emotions onto money. The three most common emotional syndromes that we have encountered are fear, self-sabotage and guilt.
Fear: We worry endlessly about money. We worry if we don’t have it and we worry if we do have it. The worrying is not based on facts. Surprisingly few people actually know how much they earn and how much they spend.
Self-Sabotage: We sabotage ourselves financially, as a habit, by spending money we don’t have. We even comfort ourselves for not having money, by going on a spending spree!
Guilt: Not wanting to exploit our fellow humans has led to guilt about abundance. Your personal abundance does not necessarily detract from someone else’s chance to be abundant. Think of a garden: If you work hard to cultivate your patch, and are rewarded with the fruits of your work, you deserve this. If your neighbor was sitting inside, watching TV, instead of tending his garden, that was his choice. There is no need for you to feel guilty for manifesting abundance in your life.
What is Your Relationship with Money?
To discover your relationship with money, circle the word in each pair below which best describes you:
on time late
financial plan no plan
on edge cushioned
Healing Your Relationship with Money
You can use systematic methods for healing your relationship with money.
• Read books and watch TV programs about money. The more informed and aware you are of money, the better you will handle your finances.
• Keep a record of all your monthly expenses and compare it to your monthly income. Keeping track of the money facts in your life will empower you and prevent you from getting into trouble.
• Establish supportive relationships with financial professionals – your accountant, bank manager, etc. Good relationships with financial professionals will improve your relationship with money.
• Understand the value of your money to you – both what it is worth to you now (do you really want to incur that debt for that article?) and the future value. The future value is what that same money will be worth to you, at a future date, if invested. For example: If you forego two lattes a week, value $7.00, and invest the money at 6%, in 20 years time you will have $12,900.
5 “Energy” Steps to Healing Your Relationship with Money
You can change your relationship with money on the physical plane, by working with money energetically. Here are five methods that are fun and effective:
Identify your inherited and environmentally induced “money story” -- by writing or through discussion with a friend or therapist
Ask an astrologer for specific advice on how your astrological chart relates to money and what will be beneficial for you in this regard
Access a suitable energy technique (e.g. DNA reprogramming) to transform negative money programming into positive programming
Use vibrational healing techniques – such as crystals and aromatherapy – to rebalance your relationship with money and assist you in manifesting abundance
Ask a Feng Shui consultant to assist you in creating money flow in your life
Money and the Rest of Your Life
Changing your relationship with money will affect more than your finances! The principle insight of How to Lose Weight and Gain Money is how these two major life issues are connected through similar causes and patterns:
Take time to reflect on how changing your relationship with money will change your life.
to this Article/Story or leave comment
ABOUT THE AUTHORs: Vivien Schapera has been working in private practice as an Alexander teacher and Energy Healer since 1983. Drew Logan retired from banking, at the age of 41. He currently consults and volunteers for non-profit organizations. How to Lose Weight and Gain Money A Program for Putting Your Life in Order (FourWinds Press, 2004) is available from your favorite book store. You can reach Vivien and Drew through www.loseweightgainmoney.com to find out more about the Lose Weight, Gain Money book and program.